Sunday, March 18, 2012

A puddle to splash in.

So our winter (what we had of winter) has turned into spring. Maybe even summer with 70-80 degree weather this week.  All week all I could do was look out the windows and marvel at the nice weather. This weekend I finally got to go out in it.  Yeah!


This afternoon I was able to get together with my best friend and her two kids a dog and go for a walk. No matter how much I wish I was in Africa or somewhere other than home, I cant wish myself away from these three.  I love the fact that when I walk into their apartment I am grabbed by the hand to play with blocks or legos or markers or barbies. I know that I can always count on a hug and a smile from my nephew. And my best friend is always there to laugh with, talk to about favorite tv shows, encourage each other in our faith or just sit there and know that we are loved by someone. I am blessed to have them in my lives and blessed to live in the same town as them for as long as I have.


A walk was in order today, with the nice weather. Since it rained the nature walks were out of question. Too muddy for a stroller. So we went on the river walk. It was great. Lots of laughs. Thanks to a HUGE water puddle. My niece is growing up so fast. And my nephew too.

No comments:

Post a Comment