Monday, February 20, 2012

koko.

This is Koko! He is and forever will be mine. I spent almost every day my first year in South Africa holding him while he slept or carrying him around on my shoulders. He was and forever will be my favorite. His story is the only unbeautiful thing about him. His mother walked out on him and his dad and his older brother and sister. He was 10 days old. His dad, being a drunk, would lock him out of the shack while he was at work. Koko when I met him was 4. His feet were as hard as a rock being covered in calluses from walking around all day with no shoes.  He was and maybe still is scared of the water. His smile always brightened my day. I could always get a great hug from him. I miss him, and often wonder what he is like now. He would be almost 10.  His he staying out of trouble? Does he remember me?  Does he know the Lord?  How are his grades in school?

No comments:

Post a Comment