Thursday, January 10, 2013

living by night.


Its been too long since I have had time to just sit down and write a update.  Last week I was on Night Shift. The week went well. Almost all the babies slept through each night. I didn’t have to give out any extra bottles. Which is a huge difference from other weeks i worked nights. A pleasant difference. It gave me time to do a HUGE project. Because of my journal that I made for this trip I have been dubbed the “creative one”. Therefore I was asked to paint the nursery. It was fun and a lot of work and still not quite done but I am very happy with the turn out. See below...



I am also going to start cooking for the kids. I will be making more age appropriate foods for out Lions and Creepies. Which are kids ages 1 to 3. So if you have any ideas please send them this way. I will also be making all the baby food for the nursery. It will be good to be back in the kitchen again and use that skill set. But I may start complaining about the knifes. I do miss mine from home.

Its cool to see the four months in I am able to use some of my skills not just to hold or play with babies but to make life easier and happier in the nursery.

I have also moved cottages. This decision was a long time in coming. I am excited about my move. I am now rooming with a fellow christian and good friend. Its hard to make time for the Lord with our hectic schedule and with Him not being on the top of everyones lists. Many don’t believe. But I am glad that I have intentionally surrounded myself with others. Its a start to making Him part of my daily life.

That is what I have been up to since the new year.

5 comments:

  1. Keep up the great job Rebecca. You are an awesome, talented young lady! Sooo proud of you! Hugs!
    Love, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your animals are great! A great way to brighten up the kids surroundings. Hope you enjoy the cooking that should be fun for you to use another of your talents. How many are in your new cabin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery looks amazing!!! you ARE an artist!!! and I love looking at your pictures! those kids are so adorable. What a light you are in their life as they are in yours. :) Love you becca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did a great job! I like painting rooms anyway! But your mural effect is awesome. I'm sure it lifts the morale of the adults as well as the children. About food ideas, since it is for the older kids, the use of colors and shapes can be discussed with them. (blue monkey, red triangle, etc.) Also, they like things they can feed themselves like small meatballs, cookies (of course!), tiny biscuits, green peas, cooked carrot slices. Put jam or peanut butter or the equivalent on small cracker or potato slice/chip, and then put raisin or similar thing on it (for those who have enough teeth to chew). My kids liked the old "ants on a log" with celery, pb and raisins, and tiny pizza bites. And I would stick nutritious things in the cake mix, like chopped fruit and pureed squash. God bless you, and fill you with creative ideas!!! Love ya--Betty Ruth

      Delete