Sunday, December 30, 2012

Looking back at 2012

It’s almost 2013. This year has blown by so quickly. What a year of change it has been for me.

I started 2012 saying goodbye to and watching my little sister move away from home and grow up.
I held a full time job in the food industry. Okay I was a lunch lady at the local community college but I learned a lot.
I took up sewing and made three quilts and many other little things.
I said goodbye to the most wonderful caring lady ever- My grandma.
I along with my sister stood up and told why she was the most wonderful and caring lady ever.
I took my first train trip across country to spend a week with my sister.
I took many evening walks with my best friend and her two sweethearts.
I met my new niece.
I catered and delivered food on a military base.
I watched a baby cardinal grow and leave its nest to fly free.
I baked a lot of cakes.
I entered a cheesecake contest.
I flew solo internationally.
I met and am living with some amazing people from all over taking care of some of the sweetest cutest little kids ever.
I have jumped in mud puddles to make a few of those kids laugh.
I have witnessed the most beautiful smiles.
I have watched 10 kids be welcomed into forever families.
I have seen 10 sets of parents become the happiest people on earth.
I have seen my brother (Joe) return to our home.

2012 has been challenging. But it has been rewarding. There are many more things that I have done this year. And I know the Lord was in each one. And will continue to be with me and you in 2013.

“...be strong and courgageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9

3 comments:

  1. Oh you make me want to make a list of all I have done in 2012... I feel like 2012 was a very big year for me and maybe 2013 will be even more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second KT!!! <3 and miss you. So glad I made it on your list! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did so many new things! It is good to remember. love ya--Betty Ruth

    ReplyDelete