Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Journal paintings

If you have ever been on a trip with me you know that I like to personalize my journals.  Each one is different.  I have made some our of cereal boxes (thanks Kristy), others are covered in magazine pictures. This time I have taken an idea from Sama, a past student of mine.  Last fall I picked up a old book from the book sale at our public library.  I have since then painted over the text so that I can write in it.  

Well I started with white paint. Then I ran out but had over half of the book was left. So I went and picked up come colored paint. Which resulted the second half being better looking. So my solution was to paint some color into the front pages. Well then those looked better. So I may have gotten carried away. As my sister reminded me "You are only going to write in it"  but now I will have some surprises as I journal each day.  Im excited to get it finished and start writing.  Here is a look at some of the pages. Still figuring out what the front will look like. 



2 comments:

  1. Ah! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Are you going to be updating your blog while you're going? I want to follow along on your journey.. as much as I possibly can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try to update I cant promise how frequent but I will be blogging about my year.

    ReplyDelete