Friday, July 13, 2012

Location--Joburg

Medical Insurance has been found and purchased.  Luckily, I was able to find paperwork from past year as to what I used. Now I just need to do some paper work then I can send my passport in for the visa. 

Many have asked me where I will be this time. On the Map to the left you can see that Johannesburg is in the upper middle of the country. A ways from my old homes of Jeffery's Bay and Port Elisabeth and the bottom.

A little info about Joburg.
  • Johannesburg has a population of 3.2 million people (South African 2001 census), half of which live in Soweto and adjacent suburbs.
  • Although estimates vary, about 10% of sub-Saharan Africa's GDP is generated in Johannesburg. Yet the city's wealth is unequally distributed among its inhabitants causing the city to have, within its own borders, living conditions varying from first world standards to third world conditions. 
  • With around 6 million trees, Johannesburg is most likely the world's largest man-made urban forest. The city is certainly one of the greenest in the world, considering that the natural landscape is savannah. 
TLC is situated on 23 Acres of land so I suspect that I will be outside of the city. I wont truly know till I arrive, till then only speculation.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for your journey, Becca! (And quite jealous!!) Can't wait to see what the Lord will do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. It wont be the same with out all of my SA family.

    ReplyDelete