Monday, November 19, 2012

changes



November has been a month of change. We have said goodbye to 5 of our babies. The two girls I previously wrote about and then this last week three more. All three will grow up in Denmark. I was on night shift so I didn’t really get to meet the families. But what I hear they were very nice and excited for their children.




H had just moved up to creepies. As a grub she was everywhere. Always into everything. Once she moved to creepies I think she got intimidated because she didn't crawl as much. But just days before her family came she took her first solo steps across a room. We were all excited. I was able last week to take her and S to the Glen (Our mall) for a day out. It was a good last memory. H did such a great job. She even walked a bit holding Simone and My hands. She is a grabber though. You had to steer the shopping cart right in the middle or she would take everything off the shelf. She always smiled for the camera. She wasn’t a favorite on night shift because of her ear piercing scream/cry. But she was and is a beautiful girl who lucked out with parents and a big brother.



S also left. Her and H left on the same day. Their parents got to meet. S is a sweetheart with a bully side. If a grub was crying usually S was near by having pulled hair or taken a toy away or crawled over them. I was able to on many occasions to do her hair. She was one of very few with long enough hair to braid. She always looked so cute with it up. S is a dancer. When I first arrived at TLC and met her she would sway back and forth if you started to and sometimes even when you didn’t. She loved the Johnny Jump Up. Jumping as high as she could. I think she thought she was flying. Her face always had a huge grin on it. S was ready for a family. Needing a lot of attention. She too now has a older brother. Im excited for her. She is so clever and I know will adapt to her new life quickly.




After saying goodbye to the two girls a few days later M left. He was a nursery favorite. An easy baby. Also went to bed well and played nice with others. He was a looker too. I always called him an African Model. He always points his toes. So I think he will be a diver or gymnast. Just a guess. He always wore a smile unless he gave you the evil eyes. Both were equally cute. I did not meet his family but I know that he has two parents who love him and waited a long time for him. He will grow up loved. There is no way someone couldn’t love him.

Since we have lost so many babies we were in need of new ones. We have gotten two in the last week. The first to arrive is F. He is about 4 months and a cutie. He loves to cuddle. The second is G. She is 13 days old. She is 5 lbs. With long fingers and toes and a head of hair. I think she is the littlest baby I have held. She mostly sleeps. Once in a while she opens her eyes. We were all excited to get her because it meant that our nest would open back up. Now we are waiting for more babies to share the next with G.

4 comments:

  1. So how many kids total do you guys have now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to hear about the kids with their personality showing through. Enjoy the new little ones!!

      Delete
  2. We have 23 right now. But are hoping to get more soon. When I arrived we had almost 30 I think if not over that. 8 have gone to forever families since I came.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such cute pictures! looks like you're having a super-wonderful-fabulous time in South Africa :)
    Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete