Monday, April 29, 2013

Family comes to SA!

Most of you know my mom and sister came to visit this last week. And if you didn’t know , MY MOM AND SISTER CAME TO SOUTH AFRICA!  It was a much needed holiday. Almost 8 months of working 6 days a week 10 hours a day with kids wears you out. Don’t get me wrong i love it and its totally worth it but it was very good to do something else then TLC for a change.

In 9 days we covered a lot of ground.
We petted lions, giraffes and monkeys.


We fed Giraffes and Ostriches.

We saw Elephants, White Rhinos, Giraffes, Wildebeest, Hippos, Lots of deer like creatures.

We went to markets and malls.
We stayed in the middle of the bush by ourselves. (In a cute BnB).
We (I actually) drove kilometer after kilometer.
We at at an african restaurant and got our face painted.

We ate cold KFC and played bananagrams.
We got turned around once or twice. But, had our trusty GPS to get us straightened out.
We floated up in the air in a hot air balloon.

We took tons of pictures. About 2000 combined.
We had a picnic in the middle of an old volcano crater.
We saw beautiful african sunsets and sunrises.

There were lots of things accomplished and lots of babies held and loved.














3 comments:

  1. Awe I love this so much! It makes me so happy for the three of you, and just a tony bit jealous too. ;-) I love you, and your mom and sister. So glad you all had a wonderful time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I miss you and KT. And so do my kids. That is all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, that monkey in your arms is so adorable; I love it, and I am happy you guys had a good time. Thanks for sharing, you've made me falling in love with SA,beautiful animals by the way.

    ReplyDelete