Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Waiting.

I was driving to work today and the verse of the day was read. Psalm 27:14.

New Living Translation
Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.
 

International Standard Version
Wait on the LORD. Be courageous, and he will strengthen your heart. Wait on the LORD!

When I heard it I thought Yes. Yes everyone should wait for the Lord. Yes it takes patience to do it, on mornings when it seems that He isn't talking to you. Yes it takes bravery and courage to wait for the Lord and not the world. And Yes this is where I have been the last two years. 

I moved to Omaha, thanks Kt, two years ago this weekend. And it has been two year of waiting. Two years of strengthening my heart. Two years of discovering who Jesus is again. And who Becca is. I came here with a heart that was damaged and fortified. I'm not saying that my heart is completely healed and whole. But it is definitely on the mend. I have been told lately that I am a completely different person that even a year ago.  I sure hope so. I feel different. I feel lighter, freer.  

Waiting on the Lord is so good. Its hard to do at times. I don't have it mastered. But I know the good it does. I know what comes of it and I don't want to not want to do it. I want my life to be spent waiting on the Lord. So that when He speaks I know its him. When He moves I know it was him that moved.


No comments:

Post a Comment