Saturday, August 13, 2011

I want...

I miss Africa.

America doesn't fit anymore. I am blessed to have been born and raised here. Free of all the hardships that my dear loved ones in Africa experience everyday. But I don't want to live here.


I want to be in Africa.
I want to walk down the street slowly and not feel like I'm being left behind.
I want tea to be a normal part of your day.
I want to bring what I have to give and share and show the Love of the LORD to those who don't know it.
I want to hold that child who never gets held.
I want to dance and sing at church and not be the only one.
I want to be able to walk down the road and stop and talk to people about how they are doing and have real conversations.
I want to watch children play in the streets with sticks and tires and not in their homes watching TV.
I want to look into the eyes of children who are desperate to look into anothers' eyes.
I want to drive on the other side of the road.
I want to pack my pack again and set off to change peoples lives and have my life changed in the process.
I want to bring light to the darkness.
I want to share the Love and truth that I know with anyone who will listen.

I want to be in Africa.

1 comment: