Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dung Beetle.

Sorry I missed last Thursday.  I had a busy week at work and it slipped my mind.

Now for tuesdays picture.

This picture is not about me. Its about the bug infront of me. It's a DUNG BEETLE. These bugs were put on this earth to eat dung. There were signs up in the Animal parks that stated to watch out for them. They were fun to spot. Of course we were interested in the larger cooler animals too.
Photo credit goes to Google.
Some facts according to Wikipedia.
Dung beetles are beetles that feed partly or exclusively on feces. Many dung beetles, known as rollers, are noted for rolling dung into spherical balls, which are used as a food source or brooding chambers. Other dung beetles, known as tunnelers, bury the dung wherever they find it. A third group, the dwellers, neither roll nor burrow: they simply live in manure.

No comments:

Post a Comment