Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Departures

One thing that comes with living with so many people is that they are always coming and going. We said goodbye to two sweet girls yesterday. They are off to travel the garden route then back to their homes in Germany. They were part of our Ubuntu group. This is what we call the group of us that were here from Sept to Dec. We had no one new and no one leave in that time. So we became a close group. Yesterday in the Grubs room were lots of tears. Lots of hugs and long faces. Its strange to think of Life at TLC without Sarah and Elin. Sarah was a joy. Always a smile and a laugh. I enjoyed working with her immensely. I have some really good memories connected to her. I didn't get as close to Elin but she was sweet. She loved the kids very much especially C. There will be something missing now at TLC because of their departure.

In the next month or so we will be saying a lot of goodbyes. Many of which will make a lot of us cry. You never realize how much of an impact someone leaves in you till they aren't there anymore. I am really glad that i am here this year and meeting so many new friends. I just wish sometimes that Goodbyes don't have to exist. Some of my new friends this year I wont be seeing again. Some I will.

1 comment:

  1. Goodbyes are always the hardest part if a trip. Sendingvupba prayer for you now. <3

    ReplyDelete