Friday, July 19, 2013

37 Days Roommates

While here at TLC I have lived in two cottages and had two roommates. Both beautiful amazing ladies. I want to share a bit about them. 

Elly and I at her going home dinner.
First was Eleanor. This was when I lived in Calli Cottage. She was my first roommate. She arrived early December, from England. At first we looked at each other thinking "who did they put us with". We are very much opposites. I was also her big sister, meaning that I helped her get situated and feeling at home at TLC when she first arrived. After we put aside our differences and thru out the year we became very close. I would say she was my closest friend here at TLC. We live very different lives but somehow that didnt matter and still doesn't. It was always so easy to talk to her. She was great with the kids especially Z. He is walking now because of all the hard work she put in.

Taken in March.

Then they was/is Laila. She is from Switzerland. She has been to TLC before loved it so much didn't like being away so came back. She arrived last August and is here till January. She has extended. I work with her a lot on lions evenings. She has such a love for the kids. They know it too because I think she is a favorite of all of theirs. I know that one day she will have a house full of her own kids one day many of which will be adopted. I will miss her when I leave next month. She has been such an inspiration to me.

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca I am loving your every day posts! And I've been reading them to Sophie and she loves them too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great photos of you and your roommates! You have met so many great people there. It's cool two people who come from such different life styles can be so close. You were truly blessed by God with both roomies. We are glad that you have been touched by such grate people there.

      Delete