Monday, October 3, 2011

Shaking off my feet again.

As I sit here with a cake in the oven. Is my Grandmothers 81st birthday. I think about the weekend I have just had. I went to Florida to check out an option to go to Africa. To push open a door.

I flew down Friday night. The 20 of us from all over the states were all invited to dinner at the presidents house to get to know the organization and each other. I was encouraged that evening. There is just something about being in a room with others who share a passion. I don't get that much here at home. I'm kind of on my own here. Then Saturday was a day of sitting. Lots of session filled with information. Lots and lots of information. And lots and lots of sitting. There was an enjoyable lunch and dinner involved then a few of us stayed longer to hear about what it takes to go out long term with them.

This is where the weekend changed. Besides a moment earlier in the day. There will be another blog about that. A list of No's came out. Meaning people they don't want. Each one seemed to fit me. They don't want Roman Catholics. I was one for 19 years. I don't practice it anymore but its still part of me. They don't want people who speak in tongues. I don't as of today but i am not against it. They don't want charismatics. Charismatics believe in miracles, prophecy, speaking in tongues, and other spiritual gifts as described in 1Corinthians 12-14 of the Bible. I have seen miracles first hand and cant deny them. I have prophesied and been prophesied to. I completely believe in the spiritual gifts. They don't want Pentecostals. I have been baptized in the Holy Spirit. On a lesser note they had listed in their manual no tattoos. Those you can't really take off. I am proud of mine (an Africa outline on my foot) and don't want to hide it. Also mentioned they don't want rebels. I don't think of myself as one but many I think would. I don't do the normal thing. I would say I am more radical then rebel.

So the conclusion from the weekend is this door is not the right shape for me. They are doing a wonderful thing but we do not see the same way nor think the same way. I am  slightly bewildered as to why I went down there and spent the money. Why the Lord would allow me to get excited and then allow me to be hit with the "You are not what we want/ You don't have what it takes".

I wonder if I am learning the shake-the-dust-off-your-feet lesson.  I have gone through this painful process so much lately. I just wish I knew why. But the Lord is good and He always has a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment