Thursday, October 25, 2012

Back on day shift.

I haven't blogged in a while. Sorry. I just got off Night Shift. So I didn't have much time to use internet or write a blog. My days were spent sleeping or trying to sleep.

Its so nice to be back on days and with the kids. Its surprising how much you miss them for the week when working nights. You don't see many of the older ones till morning. The lions like to get up around 5am. So there is an hour in there that we were able to just sit on the couch and read books together. Some good cuddle time.

One thing that I have come to really enjoy doing is the Girls hair. Well just the ones with long enough hair to do. The kids all got hair cuts so I am down to one. Its fun to make them look all pretty. I have to say I impress myself each time. A white girl doing black girls hair. I really just do it how I would mine and it turns out good. S doesn't even cry. She wiggles a bit but does great.

This weekend all the volunteers and the kids will be gone from the nursery. Us volunteers are going away for the weekend on a small retreat. We are all looking forward to it. I will be sure to tell you all about it. We are just hoping for some nice weather while we are away. Its been a bit cold here lately. And since we are going to be gone the babies will each go with a family for the weekend. Im sure they will be spoiled and loved on so much. Their routines will be messed up and disrupted but we are all excited. We will miss the babies but are excited to have it just be us.

Prayer Requests: A good weekend filled with bonding and building up of each other. We have a great group right now, so it should be fine. Also for health. The one day bug has hit. I think its just about gone. I didn't get hit and would love to get prayer that I don't. I would love to escape this one. Pray that those kids (we have 2 now) who have families waiting for them can have everything sped up so that they can go home with their forever families soon. The courts shut down in December for the holidays so if they don't go before that then it means they have to wait till Jan or Feb.

No comments:

Post a Comment