Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Lord is here.



I get reminded every time I finish a long and stressful day. There are and always will be moments that you could not get through if the Lord wasn't present. They don't even have to be HUGE moments. Life changing moments. It could be little ones. Like today when all the Grubs kept crying. And they had no reason (that I could see or tell) for the tears. Or when one of the lions went overboard into the pool and I had to act quick to rescue him. Or when one of the kids have a really messy, smelly, gross poo and I get to change the nappy. Or when you put three kids in a stroller and it decided to break and one falls out the back. Or relaxing drinking Milo (kind of like Hot chocolate) with co-volunteers and laughing after a long day. 

So many moments in my day would go terribly wrong if the Lord wasn't with me. Don't get me wrong there are times when I feel as if he has left or is just watching to see what I will do. Mostly that is Lion nap time when no one wants to sleep. But even that was better today. 

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear, do not be discouraged.For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  WHAT TRUTH!

3 comments:

  1. Oh nap times when no one wants to sleep that was my class yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After working there foe another week of two, do you dins yourself with stronger relationships? Are you making friends?? I hope so!!! Xoxoxoxo

    Can't wait to skype with you in a bit. :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had one of those days yesterday.. where I didn't have what it takes to get through the day. But His grace is always sufficient. And I'm having a much needed down-time day today. And it's nice, but is coming with lots and lots of homesickness. But His grace will prove sufficient for that also.
    Praying His grace continues to be sufficient and His presence always near, in both those 'big' moments and those 'little' ones.

    ReplyDelete