Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It was the Lord.

*Written yesterday. Due to sudden power outage I was unable to post till now.

So I sit here in my cottage after an exhausting week of night shift. Everything happened from no power to a baby every night sick with temperature to being vomited on to freezing because of a lack of knowledge of how to use the heater remote to having a cold the entire week. Now that its over I look back and know that it was only the Lord that got us thru each night.

When two babies screamed and cried for 4 hours constantly it was the Lord who finally calmed them so they could sleep.

When out power was out it was the Lord who made our boiled water last thru the day and night so warm bottles could be made for the babies. (We always have hot water boiling in a boiler.)

It was the Lord who kept me going each night even though all I wanted to do was curl up and sleep.

The Lord was the one who provided some peace last night after a long week. Babies slept, power stayed on and all chores done by 1am.

When a baby couldn't sleep so they stayed up and hung out with us  it was the Lord and His Joy that radiated off the child as they would laugh and smile knowing they were special to be up late.

It was the Lord who go us thru mounds and mounds of laundry and sinks full of dishes.

I look around the farm. In the Main house. In the nursery. I see God everywhere. On the farm, He's in the baby goat and piglets. New to life and exploring. He is in the laughter and the questions and the love that you see from the main house children. In the nursery, He's in the volunteers when they hold a crying child or dance and sing even if it looks funny, because it puts a smile on the kids face. He's in the moments when a kid comes up to you and asks for a cuddle or blows you a kiss. He's in those early morning hours where the babies are just starting to get restless and wake up. He's in the BIG and the little. He's present.  I think sometimes I get too busy in my day to see him. I was just putting all my pictures I have taken on my computer and saw God in each one.


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are over there helping all these kids. They are so lucky to have you and the Lords love. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you see God in all of these situations. Life always will have struggles/challenges. I know, cause I am old and have seen many seasons of life. It is easy not acknowledge his presence when in those tough times. I am proud of you!!!

      Delete