Monday, September 12, 2011

bagels

So I am currently unemployed as of last week. This leaves time for other things like baking. Some how this weekend I got signed up to make bagels. So after I went and handed out a resume at a potential future job I went to the store and picked up bread flour. Once home I started to make them. 



After finding a fairly easy recipe online. See it here. Besides time there really wasn't any time consuming tasks. I made them with just a bowl. No kitchen aid needed. The recipe makes 8 good size bagels. 



I first made bagels in culinary school. I was excited about it because there aren't really bagels in Africa. And they are really the only thing that I crave after being there for a long time. So now I can make them and have them anytime as long as I have an oven.


Next time I will try for cinnamon raisin or maybe an everything bagel. But for now I will enjoy these and share them with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment