Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The wait is almost over.

In 38 hrs I will be on my way to Florida for the weekend. Why Florida?  Florida because I am working at getting back to AFRICA. Yes that is right. If all goes well this weekend I should be going back to the place that holds my heart after the new year. Exciting, yes.  Kind of scary, yes.

I came home this summer from Uganda not knowing what the rest of my life held. I have a want and a need to be in Africa but how that looks I don't really know. I was throwing around the idea of going to an orphanage and working with kids. My former boss's husband not knowing my idea gave me the name of a foundation that has orphanages over in Africa.

This weekend I am going down to the head office of the Rafiki Foundation. This weekend is to find more out about them. It is to find out what orphanage I will go to and when I will go.

I am excited about this but nervous too. I will be going by myself without a team to lean on when times get hard. I will only have the Lord and the full time missionaries over there. Please pray for me this weekend as I step out in faith and trust that no matter what the Lord is with me. 

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I'm praying for you, Becca. Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete