Thursday, November 3, 2011

day off= time in the kitchen

My Aunt passed away a few weeks ago. Actually just over a month. My mom wanted to put together a thank you gift for the Cancer Office here in town where my Aunt went for treatment. Wanting to make it fall she called on me to make muffins. The choices Pumpkin and Apple Cinnamon. So what a better way to spend my day off then in the kitchen making yummy muffins.
The pumpkin muffins only took half of the pumpkin I had. So I made some bread with the rest. I have been making a lot of bread lately. This time I put a little twist on them. In one I added a bit of maple syrup and shredded apples. And to the other some sage. I chopped it up really small. I put these in the freezer for a later date since we have half a loaf sitting on our counter that we are currently enjoying. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of these. The camera battery was dead and on the charger when they came out and I put them away before I remembered I wanted a picture. I will try to get some when I take them out to enjoy.
The apple cinnamon muffins are one that I made up last week and took to cell group. All enjoyed them there so I thought that I should stick with a recipe that has been approved. They came out beautiful. I was impressed. The only thing that could make them better would be a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment