Saturday, November 26, 2011

For the last 4 years I have been carrying around the same purse. I found it at Target the Summer before I returned to South Africa. It was perfect size to fit everything in at the same time. Unfortunately it was getting old and the fabric was falling apart. The really sad thing was Target no longer sells that style. I wasn't able to find it any where else either. So the only solution was to make one.
 
A few days ago I took my old trusty purse apart stitch by stitch. And proceeded to make a new one. It was sad to take it apart. But there was no going back. The new one is almost identical. It lacks an inside pocket (I didn't use it anyways.) and ties to close the purse (also not used much).
I am happy with the final product. I think that this one will last just as long if not longer than the last. Cant wait to take it out for a test drive. Too bad Im not leading a team and have to carry all of their half full water bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment