Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tgiving prep.

This year we are doing a family reunion thanksgiving. Which means lots of people. 48 to be exact. I was assigned bread. So I flipped thru my Into to Baking log book and found a recipe. Scaled it down to fit our mixer. And started to mix it then my mixer died. Any resistance to the hook caused it to stop. Talk about frustrating. So I got to knead the dough. The first batch I got my sister to help.

After fermenting and bench resting and forming to the oven to proof they went. Filled up the oven.

Then baking and cooling.

I am not the happiest with these. They dried out and didn't rise as much as I would have liked. I miss our proofer, and deck oven at school. That really was a perfect situation. But they are edible and Im sure that everyone will like them.

I also did up some of Aunt Carols famous cinnamon bread to go with some pumpkin and apple that I had in the freezer. 


Thanksgiving blog to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment