Friday, January 13, 2012

Blueberry Muffins.

I finally tried out my new muffin top pan. I wanted to do a lemon poppy seed muffin but was not up to the task of a new recipe. So I stuck with blueberry. I used a Martha Stewart recipe. Not a huge fan of hers but I inherited her baking handbook from my Aunt. So I thought I would use it.
 
Blueberry Muffins
Makes 1 dozen.

1 stick butter room temp
2 cups all purpose flour ( I used some whole wheat flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups fresh blueberries ( I used frozen)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375. Prepare muffin pans. [I usually spray and flour or you could use papers] In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt. Working over the bowl, toss the blueberries in a fine sieve with about a little of the flour mixture to coat berries. Set both aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on med high till light and fluffy. About 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating till combined. Add vanilla.

With the mixer on low speed, add the reserved flour mixture, beating until just combined. Add milk, beating until just combined; do not over mix. [muffins are okay if batter is a little lumpy, it will all work its self out in the over while cooking] Fold in blueberries with a spatula. Divide among muffins cups.

Bake for 25-30 rotating pan half way for even cooking. Take out and let cool for a few minutes and then ENJOY!
My muffin tops weren’t as big as I wanted. Next time I will fill them more. I wasn’t sure how to deal with it, being my first time. Next time they will hopefully look more like I envisioned them to look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment