Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake.

A few weeks ago I got a spring form pan for cheesecakes. This weekend I finally put it to use. The product- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake.   Doesn’t that sound good. I have had the craving for the chocolate peanut butter combo.
It was a pretty easy recipe. Check it out here.
Instead of Oreos for the crust, like the recipe calls, I used chocolate animal crackers. They were on sale at Meijers this week. Gotta love saving money.  I think they were a good substitute and not as fattening as what the Oreos are. Besides that I didn’t do any other alterations to the cheesecake itself. There was lots filling though. So much that I was able to do 7 small cupcake size cheesecakes. My family enjoyed them. (Seeing that the cheesecake takes a long time to chill in the fridge the little ones are ready to eat in about an hour.)  The topping is a mixture of sour cream and sugar. I did not use this. Instead I melted down some chocolate chips and used that in place of. Then topped with the peanut butter cups and leftover crust crumbs. Then drizzled it with melted peanut butter.  
Overall I was happy with the end result. I have yet to have a piece. wanted to wait till I could sit down and enjoy it. I had a bit of my moms and it tasted good. Not a really strong peanut butter taste. That is why I drizzled it with peanut butter.  My whole family loved it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment