Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My first taste of COMMUNITY.

So this is my first family away from home. It was the fall of 2006 we all traveled to Ga and met for the first time. All coming from different backgrounds, parents, friends, churches. But after 9 months together we shared just about everything (That is what happens when 10 girls share one bathroom). Before my first year in South Africa I was not sure about friendships. I has been hurt by a college friend. But these people showed me what it looks like to love one another, looking past the dirt (sometimes literally) and baggage that everyone carries and love another anyways. This team, especially some of the ladies, will always be in my heart. I know that the Lord used them to change my heart and made me fall in love with community.
 
This is our whole team at the end of the first semester. There are days that I wish we were still on 1 Periwinkle, laughing, planning for ministry, crammed in our living room watching a movie, singing, pulling pranks on each other, baking, entertaining ourselves at night when boredom strikes, learning who were really are in Christ, learning what loving like He does looks like, walking to the beach on an off day to relax and spend it together, and so much more.  I miss living life with each of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment