Wednesday, January 11, 2012

In the kitchen.

I have had the past couple days off. Well, really yesterday and today. Which means that I have had time to try some new recipes. This weekend I also tried one. All of which came out really good. I have recently gotten hooked on pinterest. If you haven't you don't know what you are missing but beware its addictive. But its really good at finding new recipes.

This past weekend I was able to finally make Oreo cheesecake cookies.  We didn’t have cream cheese at home and it took a bit for us to remember to pick it up. These cookies were really easy to make.  They came out really good but dried out fairly quickly. Also I think next time I make them I will leave out he chocolate chips. They were a different chocolate taste then the Oreo on the outside. Mixing in some crumbs in the dough might be a good substitute.

The recipe I used is found at brown eyed baker.

The next new recipe I tried was cinnamon pull apart bread. This is a layered yeast bread with lots of butter and cinnamon. I could have used more cinnamon and sugar. Not quite as sweet as I would have liked. But still really yummy. My dad took a piece yesterday to work and kept it on his dashboard (even though its January here in Mi its been in the 50s with sun) and it warmed up for him to have a mid morning snack. This bread does taste better warm than cold. Of course fresh baked right out of the oven is the best. This reminded me of my mom’s monkey bread.
This recipe was found at Joy the baker.
Last night I broke out the lemons. I tried my hand at lemon cookies. The picture at the recipe site looked really good. The recipe was real easy too. I think it will be one of my usuals from now on.
I made one mess up one the recipe. This was due to the fact hat I didn’t read thru the recipe first before starting. You would think after Culinary School where ALL my Chefs insisted on it I wouldn’t forget to do it. But its a bad habit. The final product was not ruined because of the mistake. I put the powered sugar in the dough instead of rolling the dough balls in it. So I didn’t roll my dough in powered sugar since it was already added. In spite of this mistake these cookies are slightly addictive. I have already had 4 this morning. Good think I use a 100 scoop. If you like lemon this recipe is a must. I did end up adding more lemon to the dough after each batch. My dad was struggling to taste it. I think it was a mind thing. The cookies aren't yellow. The original recipe does taste like lemon.
Check out the recipe here, it was a contest winner too.

1 comment:

  1. It all looks absolutely delicious! I may have to try that lemon cookie recipe, lemon desserts are kind of my weakness. The cinnamon bread looks totally awesome, I love Joy the Baker's blog. Thanks for sharing your recipes, and for updating your blog. I love to read your posts :)

    ReplyDelete