Tuesday, August 13, 2013

12 days-- LION KING


So from day one here Lion King has been a huge part of this trip and life at TLC. My first night here I watched it with the lions. We were eating two minute noodles. Its a great first memory with the lions. That continued thru out the year. Its by far their favorite movie. The was we watch it is interactive. We bow when the babies bow. We hold up the baby when Rifiki does. We sing the song and name the animals. We tell Simba to watch out for the wildebeest. Even when not watching the movie sometimes you can hear a lion or two to start singing a song. Hakuna Matata, circle of life and can you feel the love tonight are some of the favorite. The volunteers have been know to watch it on their own during movie nights. And the plan is that I watch it my last night here with the lions again during a sleepover. I don't think I will ever be able to watch Lion King again without thinking of TLC.

2 comments: